You will face temporary swelling, bruising and numbness post mommy makeover surgery. You will spend one night in the hospital to be examined the very next morning. The operated sites will be evaluated and the dressing will be changed. All your queries will be answered by the doctor and you will be asked to go home or to recovery retreat. A set of instructions will be given after examination.
- You will be asked to survive on liquid for a day or two; regular meals can be consumed a day after.
- Tucks and stitches will be covered with dressing; special instructions will be given for bathing and changing the dressing. Liposuction’s keyhole incisions will be covered with sticky tapes and it should be kept dry, if it gets wet; should be dried with hair dryer. No need to change those sticky tapes.
- Swelling and bruising will be treated with prescribed medication. You are not supposed to take any unprescribed, easily available pain killing drug. If the pain is unbearable even after medication, consult your surgeon to discuss your problem.
- Support garment will be your body armor from now. You will be asked to wear it 24 hours minimum for 2 weeks than it can be weaned to 12 hours, depending on speed of recovery. Spanks are also suggested, as it is comfortable to wear and people are used to it.
- As far as body activity is concerned, doctors suggest light activity like short walks to aid the blood circulation.
After one week, some changes will be made in your body care instructions after keen examination and your experiences. Talk to your surgeon about your problems, fear, expectation, feelings, etc to make him/her understand where you stand.
After one month, again changes will be made in your body care plan. And as the time will pass, recovery rate will increase and you will start feeling good about the changes. After couple of months, you will be back to normal and will be able to do heavy activities.
Mommy makeover is combination of surgeries. Every surgery is customized according to an individual’s need and expectation. Similarly, the post operation care differs meticulously.